Thursday, 17 May 2012

Into the Wilderness - The 4th Safari at TATR

Day 3 3rd May 2012 – 2.30 pm

As usual, we started our day at 2.30 pm sharp. It seemed to be a great start as we immediately saw an Indian Gaur from very close. And it did not run away during the photoshoot.

But the Gaur family did, whom we saw next.

Passing by an empty space, we did see a group of wild boars, they can also be ferocious when they are angry enough.

And some of them become really curious about us and stared at us for long time. We did not mind as we captured some leisurely shots.

One spotted deer also gave some pose like a professional model on the way.

We drove today to the farthest corner of the jungle. There was an uphill cliff at the right hand side while there was a small stream meandering through the jungle on the left, where many of the herbivores were present.

The family of spotted deer were leaving.

A couple of them were very timidly curious.

A close up of a sambar.

A peacock, quickly disappeared into the jungle.

A one-horned Nilgai (male)

On our way, Roshan stopped the car at one place besides a tall tree, he showed us some strange vertical marks on a tree – courtesy the claws of the sloth bears.

The jungle was, surprisingly green everywhere. Bantu said that this land remains green and cool all through the year, even in summer. We stopped our car as an alarm call just started, besides a waterhole. Suddenly we spotted a tiger cub, may be just 3-4 months of age, were sleeping in the dense forest, indifferent to the whole world. And Bantu advised its mother is very nearby and hence the call was on. We could not capture the shot of the sleeping cub as the dense vegetation clocked the visibility of the camera, so we had satiate ourselves by just watching it sleep.

Meanwhile we waited, waited and waited for the big one to emerge.

A Red Wattled Lapwig.

Mangoes in a tree, unspoiled.

Jungle Babbler

Red Vented Bulbul

Diagonal (stairs of a watch tower)

Black Drongo:

Oriental Magpie Robin:

We waited for quarter to an hour clicking pictures of various other stuffs, but neither the mother appeared, nor the cub moved a muscle, in its deep slumber. So we moved on.

Coming back we captured the below shots of spotted deer.

A closeup from the running car (slightly out of focus?):

A family:

In ascending order of height from left to right:

Crossing another waterhole, we saw a raptor. That was Oriental Honey Buzzard (female).

A monkey-mom was protecting its baby:

We came by the side of the Teliya Lake, where a march crocodile was yawning and I think it should register itself for completing the longest yawn of the world.

Suddenly we saw a couple of cubs were playing far far away, beyond the reach of our camera, Hopefully you shall be able to spot them in the below snaps:

We watched them play for a long time, but it was time to go as the sun was almost set at the horizon. So we did bid farewell to the jungle for the day and prepared for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment